Bellsouth is known for its extraordinary internet, phone, and email services. Thousands of customers use their Bellsouth email accounts to send and receive exclusive emails making things easier for them. If you are a new user and are having a hard time understanding the Bellsouth email settings, this guide is meant for you. Here, we will discuss various Bellsouth.net email settings that include how to create a new Bellsouth account. How to change and set Bellsouth email server settings, and how to set up your Bellsouth account on various devices.
How can you create a new Bellsouth email account?
If you are a new user, you have to start by creating a new Bellsouth account for yourself, which you can later access from anywhere anytime. To do so, follow the steps given below –
- Launch your web browser and open the Bellsouth sign in page.
- Select the ‘Setup an email account’ option and enter your name.
- Tap the ‘Next’ button and enter your valid email address.
- Again, click on ‘Next’ and enter your incoming mail server as ‘POP3’ (set the inbound server as ‘inbound.att.net’, inbound port – 995, and outbound port – 465). Or you can select IMAP as the incoming mail server (set the inbound server as ‘imap.mail.att.net’, inbound port – 993, and outbound port – 587).
- Create a new and strong password for your account.
- Finally, click the ‘Next’ option and complete the process.
These steps can also be referred to as Bellsouth email settings 2016 and works well for all the latest versions.
Bellsouth email settings outlook –
You can also access your Bellsouth email account via Outlook, as follows –
- Open the outlook client on your device.
- Tap on the file menu and click on ‘Add Account’.
- Choose the option ‘Manual configure server settings’ and click on ‘Next’.
- Tap on ‘Yes’ and enter your Bellsouth.Net login credentials.
- Set the server settings as either POP3 or IMAP.
- If the window prompts you, enter your registered email address and password.
- Next, tap on the ‘More Settings’ option and check the boxes for ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’ and ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’.
- After this, you shall open the ‘Advanced’ tab and check the incoming mail server settings for POP3.
- Enable SSL for encryption security.
- Click the ‘Finish’ button and complete the process of setting up you Bellsouth email account as per the Bellsouth email settings for outlook 2007.
These settings work perfectly for all the latest windows and Mac versions. So, if you are looking for Bellsouth email settings Windows 10, the steps given above will work fine.
Bellsouth email settings for iPhone/ iPad –
If you wish to access your Bellsouth account from your iOS device you can follow these instructions for setting up Bellsouth net email on iPad or iPhone –
- Open the settings of your iPhone/iPad.
- Here, you will see an option that says ‘Mail, Contacts, and Calendar’. Tap on it.
- Click on the ‘Add Account’ option.
- Before you move into the process, you need to select the type of email from the given list of email clients. You can select the ‘Other’ option.
- Next, click on the ‘Add Mail Accounts’ option.
- Here, you will be asked to enter the login credentials of your Bellsouth account including the username and password.
- Click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Enter the server settings as follows –
- Inbound server for POP3 – att.net, and for IMAP – mail.att.net
- Inbound port for POP3 – 995, and for IMAP – 993.
- SMTP server for POP3 – att.net and for IMAP – mail.att.net.
- When asked whether you require SSL encryption security for your account, tap on the ‘Yes’ button, whether you have opted for POP3 or IMAP server.
This completes the process of setting up your Bellsouth account on iPhone or iPad.